I have C++ experience with both object-orientated and functional programming. I have mainly used C++ inside Microsoft Visual Studio for text-based games, algorithmic solutions, and data structure implementations. But I also have basic experience with C++ inside Unreal Engine. I can also adapt to just C or C/C++ in a Linux environment if required.
Software/Games: Event-Driven C#/VB.NET
I have experience using C# for either .NET development or Unity scripting. In .NET, I have built WinForms applications from the ground up, but I also have experience learning and adapting to use third-party components when needed - examples include component suites like DevComponent's DotNetBar (a suite of advanced Microsoft-imitating style/layout components) and containers around non-dotNET objects such as GeckoFX (a .NET wrapper around Mozilla Firefox's rendering engine). I can also work with WinForms in Visual Basic.NET too. In Unity, I have used C# to power simulations of physics such as planetary gravity and player controls in games.
Whilst I do not use Python as much as C-family languages, I do have experience with creating programs in Pythons. I have developed text-based games and a basic web server in Python. I am currently learning to create graphical games with the Pygame modules.
I have had basic experience with SQL database creation, manipulation and application. I predominantly deal with MySQL for creating dynamic database-powered webpages. I have used Microsoft SQL with ASP.NET for a similar purpose too, although I only have very limited experience with Microsoft SQL implementations over than just Microsoft Access.
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Most of my programming experience with C++, C#, and VB.NET is within Visual Studio. I can make use of Visual Studio's functionality efficiently and use its debugger to troubleshoot code effectively. I also experience with Visual Studio Code as well, and it is my go-to editor for web development and Python work.
- MonoDevelop: My go-to IDE for Linux or for Unity scripting in Windows. Whilst I have far more experience with Visual Studio overall, I can use MonoDevelop fairly well.
- Unity: Unity is the game engine I have the most experience with. I am proficient with developing with C# inside Unity on my own and in collabration with others.
- Unreal: I am currently learning Unreal to diversify my game engine knowledge. Currently, I can create basic games with Unreal using C++ or Blueprint.
- Git: I have growing experience with using Git for version control and collaboration. I can use Git CMD or Git GUIs such as SourceTree.
- phpMyAdmin: I have experience with phpMyAdmin for MySQL administration. I can use GUI or SQL code for database manipulation.
- Adobe Photoshop: I can use Photoshop for 2D asset creation for creating graphics for GUI elements.